Day 4 - The storm

So on Day 3 after having made it through Atlanta without a problem.  I am in the Alabama welcome center and i here one of the hostesses talk about the storms coming through the next day, which would be today.  I had to enquire.  Low and behold the possibility of major thunderstorms with strong winds and even tornados.  We get to camp and the sun is shining as I mentioned in the blog i even pulled out the camera.

I now start thinking of what my mom would say about tornados always seem to go through mobile home parks and destroying them.  Even if a tornado does not come through the area there were predictions of winds up to 60 mph winds ahead of the storm and then severe thunderstorms behind that.  Any of which would not be fun while sitting in a travel trailer even if it is 33 ft long.

When we started looking for travel trailer we started small ones.  I started thinking suppose we got stuck in the travel trailer for 3 days we would kill each other.  This reminded me of that thought and how glad I was we got a larger travel trailer.

So we get up this morning it still has not started.  Of course, no internet at our site and t-mobile  went in and out.  Luckily we had TV to watch.  It turns out that the brunt of storm would come through between 8-12pm.  It turns out no tornado, hardly any wind and only a steady rain.  We left around 12:30 pm heading from Greenville, AL to Mobile.  We could see branches along the road but the highway.  I was surprised how little traffic.  By the time we start heading west on I10 the sun was out.  Thank heavens it was not as bad as they predicted.    Of course, this was the longest day of driving.

We pulled into the RV park at 8pm.  The owner meets at the gate and takes us to our site.  Of course it is a back in.  I have never had to back into a site.  Well the owner had roll the window down and proceeded to tell me exactly what to do.  He did not even ask.  I must of looked like I needed help.   He kept on explaining how my vehicle responded so much quicker than a truck.  He finally gets us in around 8:15pm.  By then Vic and I are totally exhausted.  So the blog had to wait.

Pictures from Day 3 Sherling Lake:

 




Paul Kristoff
photo@kristoffs.com
PaulKristoffPhotography.com
paulkristoff.blogspot.com/

Comments

Unknown said…
Interesting! What are you using for a tow vehicle, Paul?

Popular posts from this blog

What has Paul been doing this summer?

Day 13 - The River Road Trip, Take 1

The National Park tour. Day: -1